Magnetisable steel substrates, castings, joints and the examination of welded joints, surface and near-surface rupture display, examination with MT-2 examination material.
- Heel-piece current flow machine – UV lamp
- MAGNAFLUX Y6 alternating current 220 V hand-held heel-piece
- MAGNAFLUX Y6/42V alternating current 42 V heel-piece
- TIEDE BWM 220/12V heel-piece
- FERROTEST 20 alternating current current flow rupture examining machine 2000A effective capacity ungraded settings, with digital display, automatic demagnetisation installed
- LABINO UV lamp
The purpose of this examination is to find open or near-surface ruptures and (continuity errors resembling ruptures). This examination requires magnetising equipment of sufficient capacity for the desired task, and for the creating and detecting the indicators, various helping materials and additional tools are necessary. Certain phases of the examination (magnetisation, creating and displaying the indicators) can be built into a single examination equipment, or they can also work separated by time and space varying based on the task at hand. The examination can be carried out on a white painted surface with natural or artificial illumination, or in a dark area with a UV lamp’s fluorescent method.